Who knew that hickies could almost kill you?!! A woman in New Zealand was partially paralyzed from a hickey that caused her to have a small stroke, the New Zealand Medical Journal said according to a media report.
The 44-year-old New Zealander went to the emergency room after she found that she couldnâ€™t move her left arm while she was watching TV, The Christchurch Press reported. Read more after the jump…
(MSNBC)–Doctors concluded that she had had a stroke but were perplexed as to why, the paper said. Then they found a â€œlove biteâ€ on her neck near a major artery, and discovered a clot in the artery beneath the hickey â€” a small vertical bruise.
â€œBecause it was a love bite there would be a lot of suction,â€ said Dr. Wu, who attended to the woman over a year ago at the Middlemore Hospital in Auckland, according to the paper.
â€œBecause of the physical trauma it had made a bit of bruising inside the vessel.â€ He added the clot traveled to the womanâ€™s heart and caused the stroke.