Posted by Sabrina B. @gametimegirl

The San Francisco 49ers-Pittsburgh Steelers game was delayed for a second time after the power went out at the 12:13 mark of the second quarter.

The Steelers were about to take the field trailing 6-0 when the lights throughout Candlestick Park went dark again.

For a few minutes, the only light in the field came from the scoreboard ring that circles the field. Eventually, auxiliary lights came on to light the stands and field while players jogged to stay loose.

After a 16-minute delay, the game resumed and San Francisco was called for a 5-yard encroachment penalty.

Steelers linebacker James Harrison, who was suspended for Monday’s game for an illegal hit and didn’t travel with the team, commented on the blackout on Twitter.

Harrison wrote, “If I cant play then can’t nobody play… Lights out!”

Earlier, roughly 25 minutes before scheduled kickoff time, the stadium went dark due to what a 49ers spokesman said was an apparent transformer failure outside of the stadium. The public address system stopped working and fans were left in the dark until an emergency light came on in the far corner of the stadium.

The game finally started after a 20-minute delay at 6 p.m. local time.

Joe Molica, a spokesman for Pacific Gas & Electric Co. said the power company was still investigating the cause of the outage.

“So far I don’t know what the cause is yet,” Molica said following the first outage. “We do know that Candlestick was the only customer affected by this outage.”

Molica said PG&E and park authorities had made all the routine checks earlier in the day and that all systems appeared to be in order.

He said at the time that Candlestick was back up on full power and multiple crews at the park were investigating.

The power first started to come back on in the press box and the scoreboard ring around the stadium about 15 minutes later, drawing cheers from Steelers and 49ers fans. The stadium lights slowly turned on about 10 minutes later.