Posted byÂ Sabrina B.Â @gametimegirl
I saw this online and had to share it! Â People are going crazy!!!
How much are you willing to pay to see Jeremy Lin and the New York Knicks take on the league’s hottest team in Miami?
Apparently, a lot.Â Check out the ticket price increase for the Knicks/Heat tonight ….
It’s the hottest ticket on the planet right now. A long-time Heat official told me last night that the Knicks-Heat game on Thursday is the most requested game for tickets he can remember.
More than last season’s Finals.
I wanted to put a number on it so I contactedÂ TiqIq, a ticket data company that tracks the secondary market (eBay, StubHub, etc), to shed some light on the ticket market for Knicks vs. Heat on Thursday night.
Here’s what they gave me (it’s stunning):
- The average home ticket price for the Miami Heat is $218.54
- The average price for this Thursdays Knicks @ Heat game is $612.23
- The current get in price (seated) is $131
- The highest priced ticket is in Courtside South Row AA for $9,400+
- This match up between the Knicks and Heat is 122.1% higher then their match up earlier in the season in Miami ($275.66)
- This is game is 180.2% higher then the Heat’s home average ticket price
- The average price for this game has risen 178% since Tuesday 2/7 (day after Lin’s first start ($220.23)
Below is data on their previous 2 match ups @ Miami:
- 2/27/11-Avg price was $387.92 with a get in price of $60
- 1/27/12-Avg price was $275.66 with a get in price of $43
Yes, someone is asking for about $10,000 for a ticket to regular season game in February. And it just might work. Linsanity, indeed.
WRITTEN BY Tom HaberstrohÂ & FULL STORY HERE