Tashera Simmons, Shaniqua Tompkins and more have been cast to appear on the TLC series “Starter Wives.”
Confirmed by the network Tuesday, the series will share the lives of seven women who supported their former husbands/boyfriends before the fame and wealth made them the men they are today. Those men include Hip Hop rappers DMX and 50 Cent, basketball and reality star Lamar Odom, radio and media personality Funkmaster Flex and notable boxing star Floyd Mayweather.
“They devoted their time, money, and support to the men they loved. Now, these women are working on moving forward and starting over on their own, with a new focus on creating a path in life that will give themselves and their children the security and success they know they deserve,” reports TLC.
Filming of the series will begin this month, with a targeted Spring 2013 premiere.
While this is a different turn for TLC, the concept of this show makes it an interesting watch considering the star power attached to these women. In case you’re not all that familiar, like myself, with them, see details on each below:
– Zakia Baum: Ex-girlfriend of Jermaine “Maino” Coleman; mother of his son.
– Cheryl Caruso: Ex-wife of mobster Phillip Caruso, and mother of his 2 daughters.
– Josie Harris: Ex-girlfriend of Floyd Mayweather; mother of his three children.
– Monica Joseph-Taylor: soon to be ex-wife of Aston “Funkmaster Flex” Taylor; mother to his two children.
– Liza Morales: Ex-girlfriend of Lamar Odom; mother of his three children.
– Tashera Simmons: Ex-wife of Earl “DMX” Simmons; mother of four of his children.
– Shaniqua Tompkins: Ex-girlfriend of Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, and mother of his son.
“Starter Wives” is due to premiere Spring 2013 on TLC.