I noticed everyone ridiculously excited last night as the clock struck midnight, eager to tweet about it now being “12/12/12.” I wasn’t understanding the big deal and after reading up on it…yup, still don’t see why this is exciting. LOL. A couple “facts” from the news as to why today is special below.
- It’s the last major numerical date using the Gregorian or Christian calendar for almost another century.
- The number 12 is associated with “enjoyment, emotions, creative expression, sadness, rejuvenation and rebirth.”
- Double digits like 12-12-12 and 10-10-10 and master double digits like 11, 22 and 44 can be a time “to access to the other side,”
- It’s been said that 12-12-12 is a special moment in time, a “master shift, “peak point in spiritual energy,” and even a time of “ascension,” when spiritual initiates “ascend” to a wonderful new existence, one free of personal adversity and karma.”
- There are 12 hours of day and night, and 12 months in the year in the Roman calendar, there 12 signs of the Zodiac, 12 Apostles, 12 days of Christmas, 12 tribes of Israel, 12 gods of Olympus, 12 old testament prophets.
….in other words, big whoop! LOL.