Nail biting

Nail biting is a bad habit that we all have probably done at least once in our life, but who knew that it could lead to dead?


John Gardener’s nail biting had gotten so bad throughout the years, that he lost almost all the feeling in his fingertips and didn’t realize how bad the pain actually was. As a result he continued to bite and bite that soon his fingertips bled because they were extremely short, soon after they became septic. Gardener was treated in the hospital for 2 weeks before he died from a heart attack. John also suffered from depression, anxiety and diabetes. Jean Gardener had this to say about her son’s tragic death. “It was such a tragedy, we’re all in shock. It’s really hit our family hard, there could have been more done to help him. I wouldn’t want this to happen to anyone else’s son- it’s just devastating”.

This situation is so sad and it could have been avoided. The next time you go to bite your nails, think TWICE!