One customer at an Owensboro, Kentucky gas station was hospitalized after an e-cigarette battery exploded in his pocket on Wednesday (February 24). Reports indicate the device burst into flames, leading the Shell employee to believe the customer was carrying a bomb. Manoj Kumar spoke to the local news saying, I asked, ‘You have a bomb in your pocket?’ because I couldn’t believe it.”

The victim, Josh Hamilton was aided by another employee with a fire extinguisher to put the fire out. He wrote on his Facebook page with a photo of his injuries, “Third degree burns all up and down my leg. Just had an Ecig battery blow up and catch fire inside my pocket! Ouch ow ow ow.”

Watch below.

ARiiE:Twitter | Instagram

Click the gallery for more.