Freak hospital accident: 11-year-old, Ireland Lane, Oregon cancer survivor caught fire in her hospital bed after cleaning a table with alcohol hand sanitizer. They say may have generated enough static electricity to set her t-shirt in flames. In Portland on February 2 she suffered third degree burns to her chest, neck, arms and earlobes after the fire at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. Stephen, her father, who was asleep in the same room, said they ran into hallway and using his own body, he smothered the flames and stopped it. Stephen thinks it was generated by the hand wash his daughter. “She still has bad dreams, but she doesn’t recall the actual incident, which from my perspective is very good,” Stephen. So sad. See the full footage below.
Read More »