On Thursday Drake had a show in New York City at Madison Square Garden and called for Hot97 to fire Funk Flex or he won’t be doing any of the radio stations shows. Since then we have been waiting for Flex to fire back at Drake. After Drake made those comments Flex went to Twitter shortly after and let fans know to tune in to Hot97 Saturday night at 7pm because he has some stories to tell. I wonder what Flex had up his sleeve?

Hit the jump and find out what Flex had to say!

Carli Knox: Instagram | Twitter

Funk Flex took over the radio Saturday night to let listeners know his initial thoughts about Toronto rapper Drake. “I got a few stories to tell tonight. I don’t know which one I’m gonna tell first,” Funk Flex started. He went on to say

“First of all, Drake, I’m not really worried about you making me lose my job. 70% of your fans wear high heels. The other 30% are guys who wear sandals. I’m not concerned about you.”

Flex continued and stated “I don’t know if you noticed, but everything is built on top 5,” he said.

The DJ did give Drake some credit though. He complimented his talent as an entertainer, saying that he makes “great music” and has “great shows” but doesn’t believe that the rapper is worthy of being in that “top 5” in hip-hop

“If you have help on your music and on your bars to compete for that top 5 movement, that is an issue to me.”

Flex said just before he started telling many stories about Drake. “I’ve never commented on that freestyle, never talked about it.”

Flex was making reference to a freestyle Drake did in 2009 while looking at his BlackBerry. He continued and said

“That freestyle, we rehearsed it first in this room. He had the BlackBerry out … I had no idea he was gonna leave the Blackberry out.”

The DJ alleged that Drake and his team asked Hot 97 to put a video of the freestyle out, despite the fact that he was reading off of a BlackBerry, because they wanted to use its release as proof that he writes his own raps.

“They help circulate the video. I’m wondering, why would they put that out? You told Zane Lowe you didn’t know the video was coming out. You calling a lot of people liars. Okay. Video comes out, everybody jokes on him on it, but everyone says, ‘Yo, but he got bars.’ … You wanted people to think that you write your bars. You wanted people to think on that BlackBerry, those were yours, that you wrote that. You wanted to solidify that because you knew this day would come when people might see or question your pen.”

“When those reference tracks came out … you had Quentin Miller put out a press release,” Funk Flex said, referring to alleged reference tracks by Miller that he played on-air at Hot 97, as well as a Tumblr post Miller had posted during that time, in which he denied being a ghostwriter for Drake. (“I watched this man piece together words in front of me… I watched him write/ replace bars 2- 3 at a time on 6pm in NY.. I witnessed him light up, go in and freestyle madonna,” Miller wrote of his time in the studio with Drake.)

“Let me tell you something for people who don’t understand the studio, ’cause I do. No rapper has a guy that could be or people thinkin’ is writing for him in the studio directing you or standing next to you while you’re in the booth unless he’s writing the lyrics … making sure the delivery’s right.”

Flex said that Drake should have just admitted that he had “a couple people who helped me with a couple of things” instead of hiding it.

“Yes, he writes, but there’s a couple key things he didn’t, and that’s just the way it is,” he clarified, just before wishing Drake well at his Saturday night concert.

“My boss can’t tell me to play your records. I play them because the people enjoy them, and I enjoy them as well,” he said.

Well there you have it! Click here and check out the audio and make sure you comment below and let us know what you think.

Source: Billboard