After the worst single incident in 10 years of war in Afghanistan, some justice has been dealt. An air strike by NATO-led forces in Afghanistan killed Taliban fighters, including local leader Mullah Mohibullah, who were responsible for last weekend’s helicopter crash that killed 38 troops. Hit the jump to read the rest of the story.

The military reportedly tracked the Taliban fighters for several days after the helicopter went down.

They trailed them to a position in Chak District, Wardak Province, and then at midnight on Monday morning, U.S. F-16s struck and killed them, reported ABC.

The strike killed Taliban leader Mullah Mohibullah and the insurgent who fired the shot associated with the August 6 downing of the CH-47 helicopter, which resulted in the deaths of 38 Afghan and coalition service members,’ a NATO-led International Security Assistance Force spokesman said.
The statement did not say explicitly that the Taliban fighters had shot the helicopter down, although it was the clearest indication yet since Saturday’s incident that this was the likely cause.
The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, General John Allen, also announced the same news. The commander of U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan said: ‘We dealt with them in a kinetic strike.’

Yesterday the badly-damaged remains of the 30 brave American troops killed when their helicopter was shot down in Afghanistan were brought back to the U.S.
President Barack Obama and senior officials from the military, White House and Pentagon honoured the heroes as their bodies were flown into Dover Air Force base in Delaware.

It came as an Afghan official claimed the Taliban lured U.S. forces into a trap to shoot down their helicopter in the deadliest incident of the war in Afghanistan so far that killed 38 people in total.
Shortly after, the Pentagon announced it was opening a probe into the crash, which will no doubt address a host of questions, including a look at the insurgent threat and the instructions given to the special operations team crowded into the Chinook helicopter as it raced to assist other U.S. forces.